New Jersey Early Care and Education Alliance is a volunteer member organization established in January, 2010 and open to all groups to address the needs of the early care and education community.
Our organizational mission is to provide a forum to review, respond to and educate others on legislative and policy matters that impact our state.
The purpose of the Alliance is to address issues that affect the well-being of early childhood education, early care professionals, children and families throughout New Jersey.
The New Jersey Early Care and Education Alliance presents and recognizes individuals for the Aletha R. Wright Award for Excellence in Early Care and Education.
- Supports legislation and policies that enhance child care and early education initiatives
- Comments on the Governor's Budget
- Meets with policymakers/legislators
- Maintains a relationship with the NJ Department of Education
- Submits Recommendations to DHS
- Participates in DHS Budget Hearings
- Presents the Aletha R. Wright Award for Excellence in Early Care and Education
- Presents testimony on the State Child Care Plan
- Presents testimony to the Council for Young Children
- Participates on sub-committees of the Council for Young Children
- Holds an Annual Statewide Symposium
- Collaborates with other statewide organizations